Re: 'make check' fails due to no valgrind.pm

From: Laurent Demaret <laurent.demaret_at_free.fr>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:18:46 +0100

Hello Daniel,

> Yes, since that is the version from before the fix.
Is there some "danger" not to do the "valgrind.pm" test ?

>> TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 241 518
>
> Those are the interesting ones. The 241 case is mentioned in the
> KNOWN_BUGS I believe
I am not an unix (or even a mac os) guru and ipv6 is new for me. In my
/etc/hosts I've ::1 declared as localhost, is ::1 the IPv6 one or
should I add the one presently used by the machine ?

> , but I don't know why 518 fails for you.
If you don't I don't think I will ;-/

>> Shall I do "make install" as my present version is running well ?
>
> That's your call. I'm personally always running the latest, but that's
> me.
7.11 is doing a good job each time I need it but I wanted to learn
scripting with curl and choosed perl. So I rode the perldoc, discovered
cpan and, at the end, failed to install WWW::Curl package :

PAN.pm: Going to build C/CR/CRISB/WWW-Curl-2.0.tar.gz

Found curl.h in /sw/include/curl/curl.h
Building curlopt-constants.c for your libcurl version
Building easy.pm constants for your libcurl version
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Unrecognized argument in LIBS ignored: '-no-undefined'
Writing Makefile for WWW::Curl
cp lib/WWW/Curl.pm blib/lib/WWW/Curl.pm
cp lib/Curl/easy.pm blib/lib/Curl/easy.pm
cp lib/WWW/Curl/form.pm blib/lib/WWW/Curl/form.pm
cp lib/WWW/Curl/easy.pm blib/lib/WWW/Curl/easy.pm
AutoSplitting blib/lib/WWW/Curl/easy.pm (blib/lib/auto/WWW/Curl/easy)
/usr/bin/perl /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap
/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap typemap Curl.xs >
Curl.xsc && mv Curl.xsc Curl.c
cc -c -I/sw/include -g -pipe -pipe -fno-common -DPERL_DARWIN
-no-cpp-precomp -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -Os
-DVERSION=\"2.0\" -DXS_VERSION=\"2.0\"
"-I/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE"
-DHAVE_INTERNAL_VARS Curl.c
Curl.xs: In function `callback_index':
Curl.xs:105: error: duplicate case value
Curl.xs:104: error: previously used here
Curl.xs: In function `perl_curl_form_delete':
Curl.xs:199: warning: passing arg 1 of `curl_formfree' from
incompatible pointer type
Curl.xs: In function `XS_WWW__Curl__easy_setopt':
Curl.xs:629: error: duplicate case value
Curl.xs:620: error: previously used here
Curl.xs:656: warning: passing arg 3 of `Perl_sv_2pv_flags' from
incompatible pointer type
make: *** [Curl.o] Error 1
   /usr/bin/make -- NOT OK
Running make test
   Can't test without successful make
Running make install
   make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

So I thought before asking for help I had to use last curl version but
then I got thoses troubles while running tests .

(I had another try with ruby as I'm not fixed about my future scripting
language but I went into some others troubles as well :-/

Thanks (for all the time you spend with guys like me)

--
laurent.demaret_at_freeNoSpam.fr