Re: Compiling Curl as static library using CodeWarrior IDE.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:03:19 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Hardeep Singh wrote:

(Note that libcurl issues are better dealt with on the curl-library mailing
list.)

> But I am making my project(Mac OS Shared Library for C++) using Code Warrior
> IDE. There seems to be no way to add this library in the project. Neither by
> draging the .a file to the libraries section of the project, nor by using
> the browse for file dialog for adding libraries.

This sounds like a problem with your selected environment and tools, not a
curl problem.

> It seems that configure command might have used GCC and Code Warrior comes
> with its on compiler. So Code Warrior do not allow to add the library in the
> project.

You can tell configure to use the compiler of your choice. It tries to
auto-detect compiler and it might very well have found and used gcc then, yes.

> So, I am trying to compile curl as static library using code warrior
> IDE.

You might enjoy Eric VERGNAUD's work on this:

         http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2005-02/0048.html

> I saw the curl code and found that if.h is only included if "HAVE_NET_IF_H"
> is defined. This flag is defined in config-mac.h file.

The config-mac.h file is for building libcurl on Mac OS version 9.