Really confused about SSL on win32

From: Jonathan Patchett <japatchett_at_tasticmedia.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:32:19 -0000

Trying to write something in PHP using the snoopy class, but need to read
from a https page. I've downloaded the latest cURL win32 binaries WITH ssl
support, and downloaded openSSL, and placed both in my path, but keep
getting this error "Error: cURL could not retrieve the document, error 1".
I've also downloaded libcurl.dll and placed it in the curl directory.

Error 1 appears to be protocol not supported, which was the whole point of
installing curl and openssl.

I really don't want to get into compiling it all, which is the whole point
of binaries ;-)

I could do with a good newbies guide.

Cheers.

--