Compiling Curl as static library using CodeWarrior IDE.

From: Hardeep Singh <hardeep.bhatia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:14:14 +0530

Hi All,

I compiled the curl as static library using the the command line
configure and make commands. This library is running perfectly when
used in XCode IDE.

But I am making my project(Mac OS Shared Library for C++) using Code
Warrior IDE. There seems to be no way to add this library in the
project. Neither by draging the .a file to the libraries section of
the project, nor by using the browse for file dialog for adding
libraries.

It seems that configure command might have used GCC and Code Warrior
comes with its on compiler. So Code Warrior do not allow to add the
library in the project.

So, I am trying to compile curl as static library using code warrior
IDE. I made standard console C project and set the project type to
library. But now i am getting following errors:
Error : illegal use of incomplete struct/union/class 'struct if_data'
if.h line 145 struct if_data ifm_data;

I saw the curl code and found that if.h is only included if
"HAVE_NET_IF_H" is defined. This flag is defined in config-mac.h file.

I also get one more error:
Error : function has no prototype
connect.c line 152 return ioctl(sockfd, FIONBIO, &flags);

Initially I got something like 2800 errors, but I resolved must of
them as they were related to project settings. But these 2 errors I am
not able to resolve.

Does any body know why I am getting these errors?

Or if any body has also faced these issue in past or was able to
compile the curl as static library using codewarrior IDE, please help
me.

My system is Power MAC G5 with MAC OS X 10.3.5

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Hardeep Singh