Difficulties with a secure website

From: David Morrison <themorrisons_at_btconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:11:42 +0000

Hi,

and would like to download the Quicktime movie files they have in
their member section to view offline. However, they've implemented all
the tricks in the book to discourage you from doing so such as masking
the URLs within javascript, requiring form based authentication and
using session based cookies.

I have already successfully extracted the list of URLs I need from
the javaScript. I've also managed to use curl to send my form based
login credentials and save the cookies into a text file. I've cross
checked these cookies against those in Firefox and they all look good.

However, when I try and retrieve the actual page that contains the
.mov files I always get re-directed back to the homepage, as though I
had not authenticated properly.

Here's the output with the -v command to see if it helps anyone
troubleshoot my problem. (Note: I've changed all personal details in
the text below). As you can see I've also tried adding user-agent and
referer headers in case that was the problem. My cookies.txt file
contains all the cookies created from the login form and was created
immediately before running the command below, so they are not stale.

curl --referer "https://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=92"
-A "Mozilla/5.0" -b cookies.txt -v
http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPlayerLoad.asp?modMovieID=5909&chap_num=29&ModID=92

* About to connect() to movielibrary.lynda.com port 80
* Connected to movielibrary.lynda.com (69.20.104.215) port 80
> GET /html/modPlayerLoad.asp?modMovieID=5909 HTTP/1.1
Host: movielibrary.lynda.com
Pragma: no-cache
Accept: */*
Referer: https://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=92
Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDCCDRDBCC=BBGIMHNZZPBGOEJERRGBLCHK;
username=myloginid%40gmail%2Ecom; FORUM%5FID=25133;
MM%5FEmail=myloginid%40gmail%2Ecom; OrgTypeID=0;
FORUM%5Fname=myfirstname; FORUM%5Femail=myloginid%40gmail%2Ecom;
MM%5FUsername=myloginid%40gmail%2Ecom; FORUM%5Fpassword=mypassword;
UserID=%7B90555D86%2D1B5C%2D429A%2D811C%2D2FD0BB70AB06%7D;
OrgID=%7B5CAD35EA%2D7685%2D49EE%2DB542%2D658E22F0C6B4%7D;
MM%5FFullname=myfirstname+mylastname; UserTypeID=0; lyndaadmin=0

< HTTP/1.1 302 Object moved