RE: https problems

From: Yard, John <jyard_at_ais.ucla.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:32:39 -0800

unsubscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se
[mailto:curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On Behalf Of Bill Mercer
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 12:35 PM
To: curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se
Subject: Re: https problems

If none of the devs are reporting this problem, maybe that's because
they all have some different version of a system file which us lowly
users don't have?

I just downloaded the Windows Generic version 7.13 from the link on the
site, and I can confirm it still does this to me.

Using version 7.11, this works:
curl -k http://www.netscape.com

With version 7.13, the same command gives the error I described earlier.
I also get the same error when I type this...

curl -k http://no.such.address

or even this...

curl -k blahblahblah

I don't think this problem has anything to do with the actual SSL
negotiation, because it happens even with bogus URLs, and curl doesn't
get as far as resolving the hostname. I tried this command while running
TDIMon, and curl 7.13 doesn't even get as far as opening a port before
the crash occurs.

>On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Bill Mercer wrote:
>
>(bug report here:
>http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1115950&group_
id=976
>&atid=100976)
>
>>> it in the mail-archive. My found work-around was that the crash does
not
>>> occur when you use an additional --cacert parameter.
>
>> Cool, thanks for the tip!
>
>Hey friends. We need more feedback on this problem. When I've asked for

>assistance with this problem on the libcurl list, it turns out that
none of
>the devs that build their own version and try this can repeat this
problem!

>So:
>
>1) can anyone who gets the curl -k problem show us a command line
against a
> public URL that seems to crash if not always, at least frequently?
>
>2) does anyone who gets the -k crash NOT use the pre-built executable
provided
> on the curl website's download page?
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
> Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se
> Dedicated custom curl help for hire: http://haxx.se/curl.html

Cheers,

Bill Mercer - National Center for Construction Education and Research
3600 NW 43rd St
Gainesville, Florida 32606
http://www.nccer.org
Phone 352-334-0911 Fax 352-334-0932