Re: Test Suite using Valgrind

From: Randy McMurchy <randy_at_linuxfromscratch.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:22:53 +0000 (UTC)

Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl <at> haxx.se> writes:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Randy McMurchy wrote:
>
> > Performing the test suite on version 7.13.0 with Valgrind installed, all
but
> > one of the 248 tests fail due to a Valgrind memory leak.
>
> Grrr. It wouldn't surprise me if that leak is because of a problem with a
> library curl uses, and not in curl itself. It runs fine with valgrind on my
> system.
>
> Can you check if this is the same problem in several tests? If so, can you
> show us some details?
>
> What linux/glibc/OpenSSL version are you using?

You can find the results from the tests at:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~randy/curl-7.13.0/

Valgrind is 2.2.0

Linux is LinuxFromScratch http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/ (2.6.8.1 kernel)

Glibc is:
GNU C Library 2004-07-01 release version 2.3.4, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 3.4.1.
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.8.1 system on 2004-09-28.
Available extensions:
        GNU libio by Per Bothner
        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
        Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
        BIND-8.2.3-T5B
        NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
Thread-local storage support included.

OpenSSL is:
OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004

Let me know if you need any other additional information. I mentioned
this error on a LinuxFromScratch mailing list, and already one other
guy mentions he has the same errors. He's probably using an even newer
based system.

--
Randy