Re: Curl & Openssl

From: jayjwa <jayjwa_at_atr2.ath.cx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:09:01 -0500

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 curl-users-request_at_cool.haxx.se wrote:

> Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:36:05 +0100 (CET)
> From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
> Subject: Re: Curl & Openssl
> To: curl tool talk <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>

>> I can't seem to get curl to build with Openssl this time. My last
>> version didn't have any trouble, but this time it just won't take it.
>> Version is 7.12.3, on a linux i686 glibc-based ELF system, all Gnu
>> tools, (no distro).

> So what does configure say?

Here was the part that was failing before:

checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... yes
checking for gdi32... no
checking for CRYPTO_add_lock in -lcrypto... yes

The above questions related to CRYPTO_lock and CRYPTO_add_lock both came
back no, then configure would say that SSL was disabled. Since that time,
the machine that I was building it on crashed due to something unrelated
(apologies for taking so long to get back a reply on this, as I just got
{at least} Sendmail back online), and I had to rebuild everything
(including Openssl). Today when I tried to build curl, it no problem, like
it never happend. I did get it to build before this, by just setting the
related ac_cv values to cache. It built, I tested it, and all was well.

curl version: 7.12.3
   Host setup: i686-pc-linux-gnu
   Install prefix: /usr
   Compiler: gcc
   SSL support: enabled
   zlib support: enabled
   krb4 support: no (--with-krb4*)
   GSSAPI support: no (--with-gssapi)
   SPNEGO support: no (--with-spnego)
   c-ares support: enabled
   ipv6 support: no (--enable-ipv6)
   IDN support: enabled
   Build libcurl: Shared=yes, Static=yes
   Built-in manual: enabled
   Verbose errors: enabled (--disable-verbose)

Since Openssl was re-built for the same archive tarball saved onto a
CD/RW, I'm not sure what was so different about it that the build went so
much more smoothly. Anyways, thanks for the reply and thank you for Curl,
as it's one of my most-used system utilities. I'll check out the new
version once I get things back in order here.

jay