Re: interactive ftps session with curl

From: Edward Peschko <esp5_at_pge.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:38:48 -0800

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 11:30:05PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Edward Peschko wrote:
>
> >I wanted to use curl to make an interactive ftp-ssl session.
> >
> >I have to connect to a site, do an 'ls' command, get a list of files,
> >delete files, etc. etc. etc and was hoping to use curl (given that I can't
> >find another ftps client)
>
> The whole purpose of curl is to _not_ be an interactive tool! ;-)
>
> >Or if not, is there a good, command line ftps tool that works on
> >solaris,linux, and win32 and that supports interactive sessions?
>
> Paul Ford-Hutchinson maintains a great FTPS resource page:
>
> http://www.ford-hutchinson.com/~fh-1-pfh/ftps-ext.html
>
> It lists 40(!) available client implementations. I would suspect at least a
> few will fulfill your requirements.

Believe it or not, I've been to that page, checked out all the implementations,
and there isn't a single one that satisfies my requirements (open source,
multi-platform, interactive). Many of them are win32 GUI tools, and most don't
support ssl connect and auth ssl, which don't help me at all. I'm going to
mail him though, for suggestions.

Can you possibly do ls, etc. all through curl's interface, or am I out of luck
here?

Ed