Re: curl and ssl 2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:14:43 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Michael Pace wrote:

> I try to specify my login directory
> when I initiate the connection,
> ftp://ftpsitename/username, but then curl tells me:
>
> SIZE username
> 500 Command not recognized.

Without a trailing slash in the URL, curl assumes the last part is a file.

> [root_at_server ~]$ curl -v -k --disable-epsv --ftp-ssl
> --cert /home/certs/Cert.pem:pwd -u user:password
> ftp://ftpsite/username

Since you want to upload, you should probably use -T [local file] and specify
the full URL of the to become new remote file.

>> SIZE username
> < 500 Command not recognized.
>> RETR username
> < 150 Data connection ready to be secured.

So this tries to download the directory as a file...

> * SSL re-using session ID
> * Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ftpsite:21

Hm, unhelpful error. But I don't know why it happens.

You able to build from source? It could be interesting to see if the SSL
session ID re-use has anything to do with this... so if you do, you could try
to disable the re-use code around line 1416 in lib/ssluse.c