Re: Problem in between Win32/Linux distribution

From: akede <alex.kempkens_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:53:36 +0100

Hey Chris,

> You may want to check to see if the application requires cookies. A lot of J2EE application servers and applications require a "JSESSIONID" cookie to be written to the browser to maintain session state. It's possible that the application just won't work if it can't do this. Other times, that information may be "re-written" in to the URL string. You should be able to see this happen when you use a browser to hit the site "normally". For all of these things, LiveHTTPHeaders (on Firefox) or ieHTTPHeaders (on Internet Explorer) should show you what's going on. (If it turns out the application does require cookies, check out the -b and -c options in cURL.)

Basically as I can see it the application doesn't require the cockie.
It is writing the JSESSIONID into the URL as I expected it. I know
this because the Win32/curl is configured to work without cockies and
this is working fine.

On the other hand I can copy the URL curl will get into a browser and
it works as well. That's what I can't understand. Why does the
Linux/curl have some problems then.

Alex