unknown symbol '_inflate' when using timeout on MAC

From: Hardeep Singh <hardeep.bhatia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:45:02 +0530

I have compiled the libcurl as static library on MAC having OSX using
following commands:

./configure --without-ssl --disable-shared
make

The libcurl.a file is successfully made.

I am creating the command line utility "C++ tool" in XCode. I have
added the libcurl.a file in External Frameworks and Libraries section.
The code is successfully compiled, but I get the linker error:
zerolink: unknown symbol '_inflate'
Executable "XXX" has exited due to signal 6 (SIGABRT).

I get this error message only when I set the timeout option.
If I comment this curlopt then the program works fine.

The same code with timeout option works fine on Win-2k professional.

Can any one tell me what could be the issue.

Thanks in advance.
Hardeep