Re: curl problem with -k option on win32

From: Jochen Roderburg <Roderburg_at_uni-koeln.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:24:50 +0100

Daniel Stenberg schrieb:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Jochen Roderburg wrote:
>
>> I have the same here.
>>
>> Crashes immediately with no output.
>

> This is hardly the same, is it? This is a crash, not just missing output.

I think that the original poster had also a crash, but just didn't
notice that ;-)
I always get the Windows dialog box saying: An error has occurred and
the program is closed (roughly backtranslated to english).
I also mentioned the missing output because the recommendations to use
debug/trace options produce no output, too, and don't help here.

It happens with the latest curl version on Windows (tried on Win 2000):

curl 7.12.3 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.12.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7e zlib/1.2.1
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: Largefile NTLM SSL libz

The previous version works as expected:

curl 7.12.2 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.12.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7e zlib/1.2.1
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: NTLM SSL libz

The OPENSSL DLL's are from the latest package on the curl site.

My Linux version is also ok.

I have the feeling that it happens before any net access is done.
If I just do curl -k xxxxx, I get no error message about the invalid
URL, but the crash comes immediately.

> Any possibility you can debug this further? It looks like the reasult of
> a bad pointer passed to the curl_strnequal() function.

Unfortunately I don't know how to do that. I have some Windows
development packages here, because I used to compile software like curl
myself occasionally. But after some Windows reinstallations they are
just "parking" on the disk now and are not ready to use directly.
This might also be a better job for the persons who did the Windows
ports/compilations ;-)
If, however, someone knows a quick and easy way to produce a crash trace
from the existing binary, I could of course do that.

Regards,

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10 Tel.: +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln E-Mail: Roderburg_at_rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE
Germany