Why cURL wrote the retrieved file to the shell window.........

From: John Dutcher <jfdutcher1958_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:59:41 -0800 (PST)

Here is a cut and paste from the CURL manual:

Get a web page and store in a local file, make the local file get the name
  of the remote document (if no file name part is specified in the URL, this
  will fail):

        curl -O http://www.netscape.com/index.html
I entered this line into my Win 2000 command prompt:

c:\curl\curl -0 http://www.cms.hhs.gov/providers/pufdownload/rvu05a_r.zip

expecting the return to be a file named 'rvu05a_r.zip' to be placed on my
c: drive...

Instead the entire file was displayed and scrolled across my shell window
with much bell ringing etc.
No file on the hard drive.... How Come ??