Solution to Downloading HTML Report

From: Lori Bonatakis <lolorb_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 07:34:55 -0500

Thank you Ralph and Kjell for your suggestions. I can successfully download
the html report I need using -o and do not have to worry about passing
cookies.

Double quoting "&" and "?" was the solution to my problem. For others who
will struggle through the problem of creating an sqr to call a Unix command
string with "call system using", it is important to define your command
string like this:

 let $command1 = '/Unix directory path for curl software/curl '
     || ' -s -S -L -o '
     || $pathfile1 ! predefined variable of
path/file for download
     || ' https://websiteURLstring' ! URL address -- not a form
     || '"'
     || '?&' ! double quote these
characters
     || '"'
     || 'Id=InsertID'
     || '"'
     || '&'
     || '"'
     || 'Password=InsertPassword'

Then call the system from within your sqr using:

     CALL SYSTEM USING $command1 #Cmd_Result
     display 'command return code: ' noline
     display #Cmd_Result

Lori Bonatakis