Re: incoherent curl_off_t size

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:13:47 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Ranger, Jean-Marc wrote:

(cc'ing this to the libcurl mailing list, seems more suitable)

> We're using 7.12.2, cross-compiled for MIPS (linux uClibc) on I386.
>
> Problem is sizeof(curl_off_t), which is 8 for the compiled library, but 4
> for the application. From what we found, _FILE_OFFSET_BIT is set to 64 when
> compiling the library, but the information isn't stored anywhere that the
> application can find.

No, as the library has no place to store such info. The curl headers files are
meant to be platform agnostic.

It is just assumed that if you built the lib with large file support and you
want to use large file support with your app, you make sure your app too is
built with large file support.