Re: Problem with URLs containing numeric IPv6 address and username (+password)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:57:22 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Kai Sommerfeld wrote:

> I'm new to this list, so let me first introduce myself. My name is Kai
> Sommerfeld. I'm a professional software developer working on the
> StarOffice/OpenOffice.org project (www.sun.com/staroffice,
> www.openoffice.org) for about 8 years now. As you may know; we're using
> libcurl for our FTP client.

Welcome! Let me just mention that libcurl issues are better posted to
curl-library mailing list where most libcurl users hang out.

> Please find attached a patch that should solve this issue. I just moved the
> code block that adjusts conn->host.name _after_ the code that removes
> username (and password) from conn->host.name.

Thanks!

The patch didn't apply cleanly in my end for some reason, but based on your
description I made the same operation and committed. My basic testing seems to
show this working.

We really need to get some IPv6 tests added to the test suite...