Re: HTTP - Delete

From: Robert <5dx6ts03_at_sneakemail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:12:03 -0500

According to the HTTP 1.1 RCF(RFC 2616) there IS a "DELETE" method.

  http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec9.html#sec9.7

Now which servers have actually implemented that and how security works
and how you actually "Make It Go" are things I don't know.
But the authors of HTTP did lay the foundation and I'll bet that cURL has
support for sending this sort of HTTP command.

Good luck finding out if your HTTP server can do this trick and what the
caveats are!

--Robert