Re: how to link with static C runtime?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:53:59 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Dmitry Babitsky wrote:

> the problem is that the following files have been compiled specifying
> MSVCRT, and the source code to them is not included in the distribution,
> only .obj files.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion, but I build the source
distribution packages and I am unable to create those .obj files. Thus it
would be impossible for me to include them.

And if you look again, you should see that the source package contains ALL
source code files. These *obj files just have an 'r' appending to the right of
the name without extension, thus 'getpassr.obj' is built from getpass.c.

> Q: why do these files come in compiled form and not as source?

A: they don't.

> And if so, how can i achieve what i want and avoid link conflict?

Sorry, but I can't answer to that. It is a MSVC-specific detail beyond my
limited knowledge.