cURL cannot resolve hosts

From: Joe <mello_j_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:11:27 -0500

I am having problems resolving hosts with cURL. Error message is 'cannot
resolve host'.

I have a Fedora Core server, with LAMP installed. I also have three
additional IP addresses assigned to the server, in preparation for SSL. I
have four websites on the box, one on the initial IP, and the other three on
their own IP's. I use a 3rd party DNS (everyDNS.net) pointing each site at
its own IP, per above.

I cannot use cURL from the command line, or from PHP, to resolve hosts.

I can use it for localhost, where I get the default Apache page.

When I try it for a website hosted on the box, I get one of two results:

Trying a website on the default IP for the server, I get 'unable to resolve
host'.

Trying one of the websites which I know is assigned to its own IP, I get
'unable to resolve host'.

However, one of the websites which has its own IP returns a page (actually
something like the last half of a page) which looks like it is from my
hosting company. I notice the hosting company's name there, for example.

This could be a DNS issue but the websites are served no problem and have
not noticed DNS problems with other applications.

Can someone advise some steps to check? If you think it is DNS related,
what am I looking for, uh specifically?

Thanks if possible.