Re: cacert...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:32:47 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 Nico.Baggus_at_mail.ing.nl wrote:

> Now the cacert files can use some new entries, How about adding these guys
> to the default distribution?
>
> http://www.cacert.org/

The default cacert bundle has been exactly the same for a very long time so I
guess we need to face this sooner or later. The question that we then face is
"on what premises do we add new certs?".

Since the Mozilla project already have a set routine and an established system
to deal with this subject, I'm leaning towards replacing our cacert bundle
with the one we extraxt and convert from the Mozilla project. If it allows us,
license-wise.

Then again, cacert.org doesn't seem to be in the Mozilla cacert either...!