Can't get curl to compile with SSL option, PLEASE HELP!!!

From: <sales_at_nitromax.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:14:36 -0600

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for responding! I really appreicate it! I understand
when you say "it didn't find a 0.9.7 libcrypto when linking", but what do I
need to do to fix this problem? I just installed OpenSSL .0.9.7e, and when
I do a search on this particular server for the libcrypto files here's what
it shows below, but the line right before the error message references
lcrypto (minus the "ib") and a search for lcrypto turns up nothing:

root_at_saturn [/backup/system]# slocate libcrypto
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.5a
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so
/usr/lib/libcrypto.a
/usr/share/doc/python-docs-1.5.2/Doc/libcrypto.tex
/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6b
/lib/libcrypto.so.2
/backup/system/openssl-0.9.7c/libcrypto.a
/backup/system/openssl-0.9.7d/libcrypto.a
/backup/system/openssl-0.9.7e/libcrypto.a
root_at_saturn [/backup/system]#

Are you saying there should be a libcrypto.so.0.9.7e executible file in the
/usr/lib/ directory, and if yes how do I get one there since one doesn't
appear to exist on this server? The other libcrypto.so and libctypo.so.0
files are softlinks to the respective libctypto.0.9.x files. I can figure
this all out with just a little more direction... Please! If my idea here
is not what you mean can you please explain and I promise not to bother you
anymore! Thanks again man, hope to hear back from you one more time!

CR...