Re: curl 7.12.2 compile fail on Mac OS X

From: Jim Napier <jnapier_at_mail.urchin.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:11:44 -0800 (PST)

I'm familiar with the section of code you're talking about that redefines
the symbols based on SSL version. I think I see the problem, but I'm not
sure of the fix. I am definitely linking against 0.9.7e. I compiled it
from scratch and when I configured Curl I used the --with-ssl option to
point to this specific OpenSSL directory. The compile command that fails
shows the correct lib link path. However, the OpenSSL 0.9.7e I compiled is
in a private area I'm linking against. The OpenSSL version that is
actually installed on this machine is 0.9.6e. I can see this if I run
"openssl version". So even though I'm linking correctly the section of
code that redefines these symbols is being set based on the system's
version of OpenSSL. I guess the --with-ssl option doesn't change that.
What is the workaround? Do I have to install the newer version of SSL
centrally on the machine? Or is there some other switch I can invoke so
that the symbols won't get redefined? I will examine the config options
again to see if I missed something. Thanks for your help.

Jim Napier