RE: curl processes hang on windows 2003

From: Yuri <yurim_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:49:19 -0800

Thank you for your suggestions. We are running "windump" (Windows version of
tcpdump) on Windows side as well as "tcpdump" on Linux side - I am not good
at analyzing these - what abnormalities should I be looking for in these ?
...some patterns - I will really appreciate help on these. So far I failed
to see problems.

Also I looked at curl trace files (option --trace <file>)- it is always gets
overwritten for each new session (instance of curl.exe) - is it possible to
have them append to the same file (sort of "trace log" file)? Information in
these are much easier to read.

This is a very good question on which level problem occur - we do not know
it yet. I have doubts that it is happening in the kernel (I could be wrong)
- it looks to me somewhere higher close or on the application level - that
is why I am wondering about curl "internals" - nothing could be ruled out at
this point. Problem looks random and while several processes may be hanging
others may be working fine.

Yuri