Re: can't get POST to work - please help

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:12:54 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, John Thomas wrote:

> Here is the output. Note that the user and password are invalid - I'm
> only trying right now to get the 'invalid login' response.

This clearly shows that it sends a POST fine with the data you told it to
send.

> I'm wondering if it's a cookie problem or if I need to use the -F option?

Use a tool like livehttpheaders to show what data your regular browser sends
when you do this manually, and then make sure curl sends something that is
very similar to that.

-F should be used if the form says multipart, but that isn't common for
"plain" login forms. It may very well be cookie-related or the server might
even check basic things like user-agent or referer.