RE: ftruncate() on Windows?

From: Mick Wall <mick_at_mickandwendy.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:00:04 +0100

Daniel

int _chsize(
   int handle,
   long size
);

Would seem to do what you need.

Regards

Mick

-----Original Message-----
From: curl-users-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se on behalf of Daniel Stenberg
Sent: Thu 28/10/2004 08:30
To: curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se
Subject: ftruncate() on Windows?
Hi

It seems ftruncate() is not available on Windows, and thus my new --retry code
make the Windows build fail.

Does anyone know what alternative function I can use on Windows?

--- snip ---
NAME
        truncate, ftruncate - truncate a file to a specified length

SYNOPSIS
        #include <unistd.h>
        #include <sys/types.h>

        int truncate(const char *path, off_t length);
        int ftruncate(int fd, off_t length);

DESCRIPTION
        The truncate and ftruncate functions cause the regular file named by
        path or referenced by fd to be truncated to a size of precisely length
        bytes.
--- snip ---