RE: cURL truncating upload file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:08:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, James Smith wrote:

>> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html#-m--max-time

> Unfortunately the docs state "This doesn't work fully in win32 systems" and
> sure enough it doesn't, each morning I am still faced with 100 running
> copies of curl. Any other ideas?

That puzzles me. The part that doesn't work, or actually DIDN'T work (past
tense, as this is not true in recent versions) was timing out the name
resolving part and nothing else. It should time out nicely in all other cases,
and in recent versions even for the slow name server case as well.

My ideas to solve this issue is to figure out what curl is doing when it
"hangs". Why does it stop sending data, why doesn't it receive data and why
doesn't it timeout the waiting.

These questions are tricky to answer to, you might have to use a debugger
and/or network analyzer to figure this out. I'm slowly reaching the end of my
line of ideas of what I can do in my end.

I believe the reasons for your problems are to be found in your network setup,
since no others have reported this problem.