RE: cURL truncating upload file

From: James Smith <james_at_discs.uk.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:40:55 +0100

> Does the Content-Length: header in curl's request use the
> correct size?

Which is correct.

> Have you any control of/insight in the receiving end? What
> does that say about this?

Unfortunately not, the receiving end is Amazon.co.uk

> If you track the TCP connection (using a network analyzer
> like ethereal or similar), can you see if this connection is
> closed down by an initiative from the curl side?

Haven't tried but I think I have ethereal somewhere at home, I will bring it
to work tomorrow.

> Can you repeat this problem on another server?

Haven't tried as Amazon only have the one and I don't have another handy to
try sending it to.

> How big file do you need to get the problem to appear? Does
> it always happen or just sometimes?

It happens on any file I try at the same point.

> Would it be possible for someone like me to try/debug a
> command line usage against a server that shows this problem
> (if we take the credentials and addresses etc privately)?

Unfortunately it would mean giving you our Amazon username and password
which I am not over keen to give out.

--
Jay