Downloading all files in a directory

From: Gavin Webb <gavin.webb_at_bluespier.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:48:49 +0100

I am new to cURL and would like to use the command line tool to download all
files from a directory at an FTP site and similarly upload all files in a
local directory to an FTP site. The FTP will be secure using SSL.

I have tested and got working some basic commands for uploading and
downloading a single file and getting a directory listing.

I can write some script to identify all the file names using the directory
listing - but this is a bit of a pain. Is there a command line
switch/option to tell cURL to download/upload all files?