Re: Self signed certs

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:32:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, panta-admin wrote:

> How do I do that if the server uses a self signed certificate ?

You bug the admin/owner of the site to create a ca cert for you to use when
you want to verify its certificate.

> Even more convenient would be if I could just get it to verify a certificate
> against itself, i.e. the user saves the certificate from his browser, and
> cURL just checks if the certificate from the server is the same as the saved
> one which I pass to it via the command line.

curl doesn't "compare" certificates normally, so it would be a totally new
operation.

> Is that possible ?

I'm not an OpenSSL wizard so I can't comment on this. It isn't possible with
the current curl functionality, that I can tell.