Re: Unable to download pages with multiple frames

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 03:59:24 -0500

The simple answer is that, if the page you get back is a frames page,
you then have to process it to extract the URLs for each frame and fetch
those as well.

I've just run into the same problem - The initial page has a login form,
and once I do the login correctly, I get back a frames page. Fetching
the URL for the individual frame I wanted yielded *another* frames
page. Ho hum...

One word of caution when processing frames - I once set up a monitor
script for a site that used frames. I only needed the main frame, but I
found that the title frame and the sidebar frame *both* sent cookies
that had to be processed before the main frame would come through
correctly... Sigh...

Ralph Mitchell