Re: An idea on separate options for different URLs

From: Kjell Ericson <Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 07:42:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> curl -d "moo" URL1 : URL2 : -I URL3

Very readable. I'm just worried if the ":"-sign will make any problems
somewhere (it is also quite unorthodox).

Why not make it an option, like:

  curl -d "moo" URL1 -NEWURL URL2 -NEWURL -I URL3

or "-NEXTURL" or "-NEXTCMD" or "-EXECUTE" or "-EXECUTE_AND_CLEAR"...

> I realize this is totally unorthodox but it isn't an option, it just
> separates options, and it isn't a URL...

Well, "--manual" isn't an option either if you look at it that way.

  // Kjell