RE: -k option

From: Roth, Kevin P. <kproth_at_mapllc.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:45:57 -0400

Why not check the version of curl and add your -k parameter only if
appropriate?

You should also be able to create a modified curl-ca-bundle.crt file (if
your https server(s) don't use standard Verisign certificates) and
install that onto the server, in which case -k wouldn't be needed?

Lastly, you could try adding a "config-file" in a common place on all
your servers. Include it with your other curl parameters using the -K
(--config) option; on your servers with 7.11 that file would contain a
single line (-k); on your other servers it would most likely be an empty
file. That would allow all your scripts to use the same code.

NOTE that a ~/.curlrc file containing -k would also provide the same
functionality without needing to add the --config option to your code.

- Kevin