Re: Problem with curl output

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:40:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Deepika Kadimcherla wrote:

> I am using curl to send HTTPS request which is denied by firewall. I expect
> to see the following message
> curl: (35) SSL: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

You *expect* that gibberish? Wow. ;-)

curl used to output that before we started extracting the correct error
reasons from OpenSSL.

> But I see the following message
> curl: (7) socket error: 110

On linux errno 110 => ETIMEDOUT, connection timed out.

> [snoopy_at_iLinux snoopy]$ curl --help
> curl 7.9.8 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl 7.9.8 (OpenSSL 0.9.7a) (ipv6
> enabled)

This version is painfully old.

> Could you please help me figure out why I am not getting the correct
> message. Curl works fine on another Linux machine with the same OS and
> setup.

Sorry, I don't know why the messages differ and I won't bother to find out
either. We've fixed several hundred bugs since that release.

If you still experience problems with the latest release, I'm all ears!