clarfication of --create-dirs

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:52:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

(Response to debian bug tracker report #251351, CC'ed to the author of it and
to the curl-users mailing list.)

1. I suggest you post suggestions on general curl and curl documentation
   improvements directly to the curl project instead.

2. I don't know what wget -x does, but the --create-dirs only creates the dirs
   to mention/use in the -o option. I'll clarify this in the man page for the
   upcoming release.

3. "And why can't -O also be used to save to the original filename"

   Uh? It can. That's what -O is for, although it picks the name from the URL,
   not from any particular received header.

4. "Is -c files even read"

   No, not by using -c

5. "Say what using both -b cfile -c cfile would do"

   -b tells curl to read cookies from the given file
   -c tells curl to write cookies to the given file

6. "I don't assume curl can set the last modified date of the file like
   wget."

   I don't know how it would compare to wget, but -R/--remote-time is probably
   what you're asking for.

I hope this helps!