clarfication of --create-dirs
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:52:44 +0200 (CEST)
(Response to debian bug tracker report #251351, CC'ed to the author of it and
to the curl-users mailing list.)
1. I suggest you post suggestions on general curl and curl documentation
improvements directly to the curl project instead.
2. I don't know what wget -x does, but the --create-dirs only creates the dirs
to mention/use in the -o option. I'll clarify this in the man page for the
3. "And why can't -O also be used to save to the original filename"
Uh? It can. That's what -O is for, although it picks the name from the URL,
not from any particular received header.
4. "Is -c files even read"
No, not by using -c
5. "Say what using both -b cfile -c cfile would do"
-b tells curl to read cookies from the given file
-c tells curl to write cookies to the given file
6. "I don't assume curl can set the last modified date of the file like
I don't know how it would compare to wget, but -R/--remote-time is probably
what you're asking for.
I hope this helps!
-- Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se Dedicated custom curl help for hire: http://haxx.se/curl.htmlReceived on 2004-06-01