Re: Problems with null values between cURL and multipart/form-data posting

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:10:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Alain BIU wrote:

> I'm experiencing a POST problem with cURL using multipart/form-data (option
> -F)

What curl version on what operating system?

> Is there an "official" way to pass null values for an argument part of a
> multipart/form-data HTTP post?

I tried to repeat your problem with both curl 7.10.7 and my devel version,
doing:

 curl -f foo= [URL] --trace-ascii trace -H "Expect:"

(the "-H "Expect:" was used to prevent curl from waiting for a 100 code, as
the server I tried this against didn't expect this request so it returns a 405
if I don't skip the Expect-header and then curl won't send the form)

Both versions worked fine as the 'trace' file revealed.