Re: Big problems with EPSV

From: Eric VERGNAUD <eric.vergnaud_at_jlynx.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 20:37:48 +0200

le 26/05/04 20:32, Daniel Stenberg à daniel-curl_at_haxx.se a écrit :

> On Wed, 26 May 2004, Eric VERGNAUD wrote:
>
>>> EPRT asks the server to connect to the client on the given port, why would
>>> that improve or even change what EPSV responds?
>>
>> Just trying to figure. The RFC wrongly suggests that both commands should be
>> used.
>
> I think that is just your interpretation of the RFC. I can't see anything in
> that quote that says both commands should be used during in the single connect
> (i.e my interpretation). It just explains that the same format is used for
> both.

The sentence:

   The portion of the string enclosed in parentheses MUST be the exact
   string needed by the EPRT command to open the data connection, as
   specified above.

Leads to various intepretations, don't you think ?

Eric VERGNAUD - JLynx Software
Cutting-edge technologies and
services for software companies
web: http://www.jlynx.com