Re: Problem Downloading files from webpage using cURL -- still struggling

From: Michael Shuler <michael_at_unixtx.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 07:21:50 -0500

Peter Caccamo wrote:
> The url below is OK.

Not all of them...

> Here's the target webpage
> https://198.204.142.102/PDD

Yes, the page above is fine...

> Here's the file that I want to download mbs052004.zip

And this file is either a) not really under the PDD directory, b) is
only readable by the webserver which is running the little 'download.do'
script that allows download by clicking on the link from the above page,
or, c) there is some authentication issue.

> Here's the command-line command that I executed ( is this correct syntax ??
> ) curl https://198.204.142.102/PDD/mbs052004.zip

...and you get Error 404--Not Found.

meaning... it is either, a) not there at all, b) the permissions are
wrong, or c) I am not allowed to grab the file directly.

This has nothing to do with curl. Look at your filesystem permissions
and your web server setup - do I need some kind of cookie, etc.

Michael