Re: ftp-create-dirs question

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 08:24:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 24 May 2004, jean-renaud margelidon wrote:

> >curl is an app that uses libcurl for all the transfer-related
> >functionality. You should make sure that the curl you build uses the
> >libcurl you got in the same download package.
>
> i sould have make a mistake somewhere.
>
> i'll make dowload and compile tonight
>
> but the --help option of curl show the --ftp-create-dirs ..

Yes, because you use a recent 'curl' tool and that does indeed support that
option, only that when it passes on that setting to the library, you use a
library that doesn't understand the option and instead just ignores it.

The curl code should ideed discover that it tries to set an option that the
underlying library doesn't support, but it is rather naive and therefore
doesn't. This is just another area where we can still improve.