Problem with curl_global_init(CURL_GLOBAL_SSL)

From: Johan Antonsson <Johan.Antonsson_at_ibitec.se>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:02:08 +0200

Hi all,

I'm using Curl 7.11.1 (libcurl) and OpenSSL 0.9.6l under Win32 together
with Matlab. Using libcurl from a C-program (dll) that is loaded by
Matlab. When initializing Curl with
curl_global_init(CURL_GLOBAL_DEFAULT) (i.e CURL_GLOBAL_SSL |
CURL_GLOBAL_WIN32), Matlab:s memory becomes corrupted. After lots of
debugging I finally discover that when using
curl_global_init(CURL_GLOBAL_WIN32) the problem disappear and SSL is
still working. Can anyone explain to me why SSL is still working and
what flags I should use with SSL? The documentation doesn't say much
about this. Has anyone else experienced similar problems when using the
CURL_GLOBAL_SSL flag?

What about LINUX and e.g. CURL_GLOBAL_WIN32? The same flags seem to be
defined in curl.h on all platforms.

Regards

/Johan