Re: ssluse.c patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:04:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Peter Sylvester wrote:

> I have an updated patch for ssluse.c correcting:
>
> - when multiple common names are used (as in the curl tests),
> the last name needs to be selected.
>
> - allow comparing with encoded values, at least with BMP
> and ISO latin1 encoded T61strings.

Thanks!

There's only one flaw here: it doesn't work! :-)

I try this:

        $ ./src/curl -v https://sourceforge.net/

... which works fine until your patch was applied:

curl: (51) SSL: unable to obtain common name from peer certificate

> I noticed that recently there was a change that the hostname in a connection
> now also has a 'dispname' which seems to be the format to be used in fpintf
> etc.

Exactly, since we now support IDN, the 'dispname' is the pointer to the name
as given in the URL, while the 'name' is the (possibly ACE-encoded) name that
is used when talking to to name resolvers.