Re: curl --form problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 12:36:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Luca Arzeni wrote:

> So curl is working fine; the problem is that I misunderstood the manual, and
> indeed I must use --data instead of --form; but I miss the url-encoding
> feature in the --data invocation.

--data-encode is a suggestion option mentioned in the TODO docs, as Kevin
suggested: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2003-11/0091.html

There's only a little implementation left to do... You could be the one who
does it!

> I also have a little suggestion for curl:
> When I send a parameter, this is done with --data "NAME=value"; the same
> happens when I send a file using --form "NAME=<filepath".
>
> I would expect that this would be the same way that I send a file using
> --data, that is --data "INPUT-XML=@filepath". Instead I must change the file
> pointed by filepath putting at the top of the file the NAME of the parameter
> that I must pass.

I agree that they work differently and that this fact might cause some
confusion, but I don't change things like that very esily since there are MANY
scripts out there already that use this functionality and I don't want to
break them without very careful abd thorough consideration.