RE: configure:4982: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH - AIX V4.3.3

From: Justin Webb <jwebb_at_safikatel.co.za>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 18:23:33 +0200

Hi Daniel, thanks for the quick response.

>I can't see any incompatible redeclarations in those files. There are
three
>different *strerror() functions, two in curl.h and one in multi.h.
>Can you?

Nope, but it's complaining about the return types of curl_easy_strerror,
curl_shared_strerror and curl_multi_strerror saying the first
declaration in the header file of "unsigned char *" is different to the
declaration in strerror.c of "const unsigned char *".

So I've taken a step back. Cleaned up everything and started from
scratch. The first thing that bothers me is that I suspect it should
pick up cc or xlc without it being specified in the environment using
the CC environment variable, or am I off base ?

If it should I'm guessing I need to look closer at my environment and
not configure options, despite cc being in the path and available from
the command.(Environment issues are quite possible since I inherited
this machine and don't have a clue what's been done to it.)

The short question then is should I expect configure to find cc if it is
in the path, but without defining CC= ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Justin Webb