RE: configure:4982: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH - AIX V4.3.3

From: Justin Webb <jwebb_at_safikatel.co.za>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 11:33:31 +0200

Thanks Daniel, I did browse the config.log , but all it told me was that
it failed.

I then tried the test in the configure script and found that ld returns
an error with both -v and --version which could explain the failure.

>From what I saw in configure I can by-pass the test by defining $LD.
Doing that got me to the point where configure succeeded. The
compilation of strerror.c failed with incompatible redeclarations.
(Declarations in strerror.c differ from 2 in curl.h and 1 in multi.h)

I haven't tried to resolve those yet, but any additional pointers around
that which could help save some time would be appreciated. Additionally,
any comments on whether forcing the use of /usr/ccs/bin/ld is likely to
succeed would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,

Justin Webb