Re: Apostrophe Bug Again

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:23:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Randy Melchert wrote:

> I can't use it to download files with apostrophes in them. I know it was
> discussed on here earlier
> (http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2003-11/0115.html) but just curious if it
> might be fixed in a future version.

I'm sorry but I don't understand. What would be fixed in a future version? You
should instead use %27 in the URL (or possibly %60 if it is that backtick
version) as an apostrophe is not a legal letter inside a URL.

Besides, curl itself has no problems with apostrophes (AFAIK), the problem
lies in the shell/command prompt/environment you're using.

> Also can't use it for files with exclamation marks.

That too is an illegal URL letter that should be written as %21.