Re: What path does curl use to check cabundle.crt

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:36:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Simon Poulston wrote:

> Thank you for the response
>
> I can't get "curl-config --ca" to run?

Then I'd say you have an odd installation of curl. curl-config is installed
together with curl (by default). Perhaps you use the curl bundled with a linux
distro and they (the ones who made your distro) have a different opinion on
where/how to install curl-config.

> Anyhow the ca-bundle.crt is in:
>
> /usr/local/share/curl/ca-bundle.crt
>
> which curl file actually specifies the path to the ca-bundle.crt, is there a
> config file I can adjust?

$src/lib/ca-bundle.h when libcurl is compiled.

> I don't mind having to add the path to the function of this cannot be
> resolved but can this same path be added when using cURL through PHP?

That path is used by libcurl, which is the library used by 'curl', the PHP
binding and every other libcurl binding there is. So yes, the path would be
the same for all of them.

As with curl, you can of course tell libcurl where to find the CA cert file.