No Packet Driver Found

From: Patrick Lademan <plademan_at_mad.scientist.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:55:36 -0500

Hi,

I've used cURL in the UNIX environment and it works great.  I recently had a need to run it in the DOS environment.  I downloaded this version "curl 7.10.5 (i386-pc-msdosdjgpp) libcurl/7.10.5 OpenSSL/0.9.7c zlib/1.1.4".  I'm running it under Windows 2000 / DOS.  I'm getting the following error.

* About to connect()
* couldn't create socket
* Closing connection #0
curl: (7) couldn't create socket
status = NO PACKET DRIVER FOUND.

I've tried downloading packet drivers, but they are specific to the hardware I am running.  I need to write this script and send it over to Germany to be run on a few different PCs there.  I have no information on their PCs and they are not technically savy enough to download drivers for their PCs.

Are there generic drivers or can cURL use the Windows IP/Stack?

Thank you,

Pat