Re: Probleme with multithread under AIX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:12:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Christophe Neumair wrote:

> I use the libcurl in a C multithread program

Then I suggest you use the libcurl mailing list. I'm CC'ing this reply over to
that list. Also please consider subscribing to the list before you post.

> under AIX and all my request reply with a
> CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT error.
> All request are done in a thread child.

What AIX version? Do you create a unique curl handle in each thread?

> I have successfully build the libcurl-7.11.1
> with the --enable-thread option

--enable-thread is a default option and only means that the configure will
check for thread-safe versions of some standard functions.

> and the only
> traces I have with the DEBUG option set with
> 'curl_easy_setopt()' is :
>
> * About to connect() to xx.xx.xx.xx port 80
> * Closing connection #0

Can you show us a small example source code that fails for you?

We have fixed some minor thread-safe issues with AIX in libcurl since 7.11.1,
but I don't think they are that likely to *always* cause problems such as you
describe.