Re: cURL make errors on Cobalt Linux

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:19:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Lin-Kai Cheng wrote:

> I've no idea where the openssl installed originally. I use "rpm -qi" to find
> that the version is 0.9.3a

I would strongly advice you to upgrade this to the latest 0.9.6 or 0.9,7
OpenSSL version (for security reasons).

It is possible that curl might have an issue with building with such an old
version of OpenSSL.

If you don't want to upgrade OpenSSL, you should probably try to fix curl to
compile with this OpenSSL setup (I'd appreciate patches that fix any problems
you might dig up). It shouldn't be that hard, but takes some programming
skills. Don't expect anyone else to bend over very far for this.