Re: cannot ftp for 64 bit curl v-7.10.7 in the OS HP-UX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:37:31 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Usha wrote:

> Thanks for ur timely help. I have got it worked with the latest stable
> version 7.11.1; But when I try to ftp it prompts for the passwd and after
> entering the passwd too it did not succeed.

What happened then? What did it say?

> What may be the due problem ?

Can you append a "--trace-ascii dump" and provide the dump file here? Edit out
sensitive data first.

> ..... may it be due to the ftp server, which im using is Version
> wuftpd-2.6.1.

I doubt that.

> # ./src/.libs/curl ftp://172.16.1.176 -u usha
> Enter host password for user 'usha':

This command line doesn't request anything from the FTP server (apart from the
login directory's contents). What did you expect this to do?

> Also gmake test suite fails as:

> test 086...RUN: Unknown HTTP server is running on port 8999

Something else is listening on your port 8999 so the curl test server can't
run there as it wants to.

> test 101...very illegal PORT number: 0

Gosh. This means that curl's PORT command looked very wrong. The "very illegal
PORT number" text is written by the test ftp server.

Can you in invoke this test alone and see if you can figure out what the
problem is?

$ cd tests
$ ./runtests.pl -g 101

when gdb starts, set a break-point in ftp_use_port() then run

(you may want to rebuild curl with configure --disable-shared --enable-debug
before you do this)

As you might have seen on the autobuild page on the curl site, we do no
regular automated tests on HPUX...